Updated: Mar 16
There is a lot of fear and hysteria circulating around the Coronavirus in the U.S., right now. Have you seen the posts on social media? I know I sure have. While the full extent of COVID-19's global impact is yet unknown, it's a good idea to take precautionary measures to protect yourself and your loved ones. However, I’m here to tell you that hoarding toilet paper will not help you, but here is what will.
First, it's important to stay updated on health guidelines from trusted organizations like the World Health Organization, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention or Public Health Emergency. Ensure you're getting information from reliable sources to avoid spreading misinformation.
CDC recommends that for the next 8 weeks, organizers cancel or postpone in-person events that consist of 50 people or more throughout the U.S. While hospitals and governments work to keep people healthy and safe, many businesses like ours are continuing to provide customers with what they need during this period.
Fortunately, I can still provide health coaching services from my home, online. Lifestyle changes we encourage every day will not only boost immunity, but can create long term health gains. Here are some tips to help you stay healthy.
1. Over 65
2. Poor immunity
HOW IT SPREADS:ACMenters for Disease ControlA and Prevention
1. Cough and sneeze droplets are inhaled or touched.
2. Virus lives on surface from hours to months.
3. Within 6 feet of person infected.
4. Through animals.
WHAT TO DO:
1. Wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds, or sing the “Happy Birthday” song, twice.
2. Boost your immunity by eating healthy.
3. Avoid touching your face.
4. COVER your nose & mouth when you cough or sneeze.
5. Stay home if you’re feeling sick.
6. See your doctor if you’re having flu-like symptoms.
3. Difficulty breathing
4. Sore throat
1. Eat a diet high in fruits and veggies (main source of Vitamin C and antioxidants)
2. Exercise regularly
3. Maintain a healthy weight
4. No smoking
5. Drink alcohol in moderation or not at all
6. Get good night’s sleep
7. Meditate, practice self-care to minimize stress.
HEALTHY LIFESTYLES Establishing healthy habits can build your immunity. Creating a lifestyle routine that supports healthy habits is easier with a health coach. Get a coach, invest in your health, and save on sick care. Health Coaches lead the way.
PROGRAMOF THE MONTH #marchtofitness 30 Day Challenge Fun Community Style Fitness Program